Walter Billet Avocats works with businesses and investment funds in matters of corporate law (M&A, Private Equity), new technologies (particularly information technology and the Internet), intellectual property and labour law.
Focusing on providing assistance to growing businesses, Walter Billet Avocats proposes, in complex and large-scale matters (such as mid-cap investments, IPO, cross-border issues), a bespoke service, comprising a team of selected lawyers with professional experience garnered from some of the most demanding law firms and organizations.
In addition to their experience in the New Technology, Intellectual Property, Personal Data Protection,Private Equity, Corporate Law sectors and Labour Law, the firm also provides expertise on issues of criminal law, real estate and tax law.
After more than ten years working in the Private Equity/ M&A/ Stock Exchange/ Corporate Law departments of some of the most renowned law firms in Paris (namely Ayache Salama and Kahn et Associés), in March 2015 Fabien co-founded the firm of Walter Billet Avocats where he is in charge of M&A and Private Equity.
He specializes in corporate law and securities regulation, particularly in the IT, telecoms, Internet, biotechnology and energy sectors.
Fabien works with a number of growing businesses (or their manager shareholders), both listed and unlisted, and investment funds on issues such as fund raising, mergers and acquisitions, IPOs, restructuring and disposals, in France and internationally
Called to the Paris Bar in March 2006, Alan worked for leading law firms specialising in technology law (Alain Bensoussan Avocats, Kahn & Associés and DLA Piper LLP) before co-founding, in March 2015, the firm of Walter Billet Avocats, where he is in charge of New Technology (in particular IT and Internet) and Intellectual Property.
Alan assists business clients, both in an advisory capacity and as a litigator, on issues relating to IT, Internet and new technology regulations, personal data protection, intellectual property, public technology law and business law.
His practise is divided between accompanying start-ups on technology issues and advising major clients on large-scale projects.
Alan also lectures on IT Contract Law in the Masters 2 program (New Information and Communication Technology – NTIC) at the University of Versailles – Saint-Quentin. He is a regular speaker at Télécom ParisTech, particularly on subjects related to Big Data.
Admitted to the Paris Bar in 2008, Clarisse holds a Masters Degree in social law and a Masters in business and international law from the Panthéon-Sorbonne University in Paris.
She began my career working for the Anglo-Saxon firms of LEVINE & BLITT in New York and BAKER & McKENZIE, before joining the specialist employment law firms of CAPSTAN, DS AVOCATS and CMS FRANCIS LEFEVRE.
She provides advice and litigation assistance on issues of employment law and employment-related criminal law, to businesses of all sizes based in France or abroad.
Clarisse regularly takes part in training events and conferences on subjects relating to human resources, developments in case law and specific issues related to live performances. Further, her articles are regularly published in MIND RH, articles in which she explains statutory and case law developments relating to employment law.
After working in the legal service of an international bank and several internships in renowned business law firms, Christophe joined Walter Billet Avocats in June 2015.
Areas of Expertise
Mergers / Acquisitions
- Structuring acquisitions, sales and mergers;
- Organisation of data-rooms and carrying out legal audits;
- Drawing up and negotiating pre-contract documents (for example non-disclosure agreements, letters of intent, offers, MoU);
- Drawing up and negotiating contractual documents (for example sale agreements, acquisition agreements, representations and warranties, shareholder agreements, funding agreements).
Drawing up and negotiating IT agreements
- Licences / maintenance;
- Development / IT services;
- Software as a Service / ASP;
- Public procurement and new technology.
IT and e-commerce advisory
- E-commerce and on-line marketing (e.g., T&Cs, EULA, AdServing, consumer law, affiliation…);
- Big data;
- On-line gambling, sports betting, gambling;
- Dematerialisation (e.g., electronic voting, electronic invoices, payment methods…);
IT and Internet litigation
- Software piracy;
- Computer program failure;
- Domain names;
- Unfair competition.
Labour Law and criminal employment law
- Management of collective relationships (e.g., organising the election of staff representatives, drafting collective agreements and internal regulations);
- Management of individual relationships (employment contracts, disciplinary procedures, terminating employment contracts);
- Restructuration, opening collective procedures;
- Implementing professional warning systems (Whistleblowing);
- Live performances (advising producers, directors and performers);
- Individual and collective litigation;
- Social Audits.
Protection of intangible assets
- Trademark applications (France, European Union, Worldwide);
- Software Protection;
- Protection of fashion articles / ready-to-wear;
- Transfer and licensing of rights (copyright, trademarks).
- Breach of trademark, copyright, design and models;
- Unfair competition.
Assistance in minority or majority equity operations:
- Non-disclosure agreements;
- Letters of intent;
- Investment protocols / purchase agreements;
- Shareholder agreements;
- Net worth guarantees;
- Setting up management packages;
- Company documentation in case of complex operations.
Personal Data Protection
- CNIL formalities (registration, applications);
- Binding Corporate Rules («BCR»);
- Processing sensitive data (such as medical or banking details);
- Transfer of personal data on an international scale;
- Data collection and processing (for example global positioning, cookies, fingerprinting);
- Business prospecting / Digital Marketing / Data marketing.